Security Glass Laminates can be used to protect the occupants of a building. When applied to ordinary glass, Security Glass Laminates will render windows smash-resistant.
When a window breaks, the laminate will hold the glass fragments together. Since the laminate holds the glass in place, individuals will be protected from shattering glass fragments.
While it cannot stop intruders from entering school buildings, it does act as a deterrent, providing precious response time by slowing the intruder down or stopping them altogether.
How does it work?
Security Glass Laminates are thin but incredibly strong layers of polyester laminate that are sandwiched together with a super strong adhesive.
The adhesive adheres the polyester layers to the windows and helps to absorb the shock of a blunt object and disperses the energy from the impact. The more the laminated glass is struck the stronger the laminate becomes.
Experience we’re looking for:
• Ordinary windows and doors become smash-resistant when Security Glass Laminates are applied.
• More cost efficient than replacing windows with shatter proof glass.
• Increases building security quickly and discretely.
• Reduced risk of damage from flying debris caused by severe weather.
• Security Glass Laminates can withstand high levels of use and wear due to its scratch resistant layer.
• They can be cleaned using most glass cleaning solutions.
Copyright 2022 One Source Security | All Rights Reserved | | Created by